Friday, January 14, 2011

Our Town

I live in a town.  I like my town.  I've lived in my town for a long time.  Now my town frequently lands itself on lists.  You know the kind of lists I'm talking about...towns with the worst air quality, towns with the worst opera houses, towns with the most uncontrollable nose bleeds, towns with poor lighting, ventilation and unusual skin growths.  Our town has even been reported to be on the list of the ten most uninteresting places to visit, live or die.  So if you want heart disease, poor eyesight, hairy moles or a spastic colon come on down to our town!  Oh yeah, did I mention our towns summer heat index number is only topped by Death Valley!

To these list makers I say...picky, picky, picky!  Sure our town sucks big time but how about mentioning the good stuff about our town like......HOLD ON!  I'm thinking...... OK here's one.  All three of our TV stations have a "Weather Team".  Yes, a Weather Team, working up to 40 hours a week giving us the latest in 'Climate Change', 'Fog Delays', 'Wild Burst of Wind Alerts' and of course the ever popular 'Road Closer'.  Because you never know when an unattended cow will wander onto the center lane of traffic in our town.
Yup, even if you were the mayor of our town you'd have to admit...our air stinks, our streets are bumpy, our  citizens lumpy and our downtown dumpy. But good news lies ahead for our town!  I heard from a city council member that there is a very good chance Nordstrom is coming to our town.

No comments:

Post a Comment